A beautiful Spring time treat made with seasonal organic raspberries, dairy-free chocolate, unsweetened coconut flakes and Superseed Flour! Best served chilled.
1 1/2 cups Superseed Seed Flour
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup almond milk (coconut milk or any other vegan milk)
3 tbs real maple syrup
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 tbs unrefined coconut oil
1 tbs real maple syrup
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (we like Good Life brand, they are dairy, nut and soy-free)
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Start by making the cake layer. Add the Superseed flour, shredded coconut, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk together.
3. Add in the coconut oil, almond milk and maple syrup. Mix with an electric hand mixer until thick and combined.
4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, and press into place.
5. In a small sauce pan, add in raspberries, coconut oil and maple syrup. Mash berries with a fork and stir to combine. Berries will break down into a sauce/spread. Should only take 3-5 minutes.
5. Pour raspberry spread over cake. Top with chocolate chips. Sprinkle with shredded coconut on top.
6. Bake for 22-23 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
7. Let cool, then refrigerate for 8 hours to set. You can speed this process by freezing it for an hour first. Cut into bars and serve.
Store in the fridge and serve cold. Cold coconut oil is what keep these bars together. They might crumble if not enjoyed cold.
Makes 9 large bars or about 16 smaller bars.
*I always like to garnish my treats for that extra pretty! Garnish with fresh raspberries and extra dark chocolate chips, optional.
Recipe adapted from the wonderful Paleo blog The Spunky Coconut