We've made many Guiltless Blueberry Muffins in our time... but we haven't made any quite like this! We've added a baked in cinnamon struesel that takes things to a whole new level. I like fresh, organic blueberries in my muffins. The juicy tart berries with the sweet coconut sugar and moist coconut-oil crumb is SO good!
I brought a batch to a "Bachelorette" watching party tonight, and all of the girls raved over these, even more than the bachelors! :)
4 large cage-free eggs
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tbs unrefined, coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups Guiltless Superseed Flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tbs ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
2 and ½ tbsp Guiltless Superseed flour
3 tbsp cold coconut oil (I put mine in the freezer for about 5 mins)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray regular 12 inch muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut sugar, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Beat for another few minutes until thick and fully combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Using an scooper, fill muffin tins about 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Make streusel while muffins do first part of bake.
- Blend the streusel ingredients together with a pastry blender until a thick crumb develops. After 10 minutes of baking, pull muffins from oven, top with streusel.
- Return muffins back to oven and finish baking for another 10 minutes (20 minutes total). Muffins will be golden brown.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.