Delicious Fudgy Gluten-Free Cream Cheese Brownies
Last week, National Cream Cheese Brownie Day was an official day on the National Food Calendar! We couldn't help from celebrating by baking up a batch of our classic Guiltless Fudgy Brownies and adding a layer of whipped cream cheese on top! We loved the way they turned out and so did all of our gracious tasters. :) This would be a wonderful Valentines treat if you're still looking for your perfect dessert!
You know these usual suspects... we keep our ingredients clean and simple.
After whipping the cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla together, we dolloped it around the center of the pan, on top of the unbaked brownie batter. Then took a knife and gently spread it (gently is the key word here) to make an inside square. We liked that the outside of the brownie pan had a plain brownie edge. You could also swirl the cream cheese into the batter, but we wanted a thick layer of cream cheese on top for the full pow flavor!
All spread out. Not perfect, but ohhh it tastes so perfect!
Out of the oven and cooled. These are all they're stacked up to be. :) Gooey, rich and fugy on the bottom and creamy and tangy on the top. We baked this batch for about 30 minutes, but the cream cheese got a little too brown, so we lowered the next batch to 25 minutes and it was perfect!
Pair with some fresh strawberries or raspberries and some iced coffee to really kick things up a notch!
GLUTEN-FREE FUDGY CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES
Yields 16 brownies
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (measured in solid state)
8 oz Dark Chocolate (your preferred %) chopped or chips
3/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Guiltless 7 Seed Flour
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
8 oz Full Fat Cream Cheese, room temperature
1/4 Real Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch (or 9x9 inch) square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small sauce pan on low heat, place coconut oil and 8 oz of dark chocolate. Melt together, stirring frequently.
3. Once chocolate is melted, pour into a large bowl to cool slightly. Whisk in coconut sugar.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each one. Whisk in vanilla.
5. Add Guiltless Organic 7 Seed Flour and Sea Salt, and whisk until well combined.
6. Transfer brownie batter to prepared baking dish, and spread evenly.
7. Whip cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla extract with a mixer until creamy and smooth. Dollop the whipped cream cheese on top of the brownie batter. Then using a butter knife or spatula, spread out the cream cheese.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cream cheese is a light golden color.
9. Cool completely (at least 10 minutes) on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
*Store in fridge