As soon as September hit we were ready for all things pumpkin around here! We used our amazing 7 Seed Flour (of course!) making these muffins grain free and gluten free! They are insanely moist and pack a perfectly sweet punch that will satisfy your pumpkin and chocolate cravings for sure. Here's what we did....
As with most baking recipes- first mix all wet ingredients in one bowl, and dry in another. Make sure to mash your banana and slightly beat your eggs before adding to the mix. (Or forget to do that like I did and spend extra time mashing as you mix everything together! Ha!)
Next add wet to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
This is a sticky batter, so don't be alarmed! The easiest way to fill your muffin tin is with the help of a cookie dough scoop like this one. They aren't very expensive and if you're a baker, you'll never be sorry you bought one. I reach for mine often, whether it's for baking or for scooping out home-made meatballs!
I lined my muffin tin with liners but I would recommend spraying the tin with non-stick spray instead. I found that many of my muffins stuck to the liners even when cool, and sucking muffin liners isn't cute...but I did it anyway because these muffins are that good. Therefore, fill your non-stick sprayed, 12 count muffin tin 3/4 full. Also, sprinkle a few extra mini chocolate chips on top because CHOCOLATE, and because you're a fancy baker who knows how to make things that not only taste good, but look good too!
Throw these babies in the oven for 25-30 minutes. I know this seems like a long time for muffins, but this is such a wet batter I found that mine still weren't done at the 20 minute mark. Ovens vary though, so check yours around 20-22 min and see how they look.
They come out smelling like heaven, and other people in your house will emerge from their rooms and ask what you're up to. Feel free to use the power of these delicious treats to bribe said people to do things in order to taste one. Or not, just saying!
And your last step is take some Instagram worthy photos of your muffins and tag us so we can see! We hope you enjoy!
Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
(recipe adapted from Jen Eddin's Pumpkin Banana Muffin)
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c 7 Seed Flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c mini dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350 and spray 12 count muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin, maple syrup, lightly beaten eggs, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a larger separate bowl, combine 7 Seed Flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients into dry plus add chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute batter in muffin tin, about 3/4 full.
- Place in your 350 degree oven and bake 25-30 min.
- Remove from tin and cool on wire rack.
- EAT AND ENJOY!